- Use Cases
- Social Impact
- Creative Studio
SAYTV is an iOS and Android live chat App that offers a platform for TV viewers to interact with the community about the live broadcast on TV and online streaming channels (the “App” or “Our Services”). When you use our App you will share certain information with us. SAYTV values the privacy of its users, subscribers, publishers, members and others who may visit and use the App (collectively or individually “users” or “you”). We would like to ensure that you are aware how we collect, use and share your personal data. This Policy sets forth our privacy practice.
You can find the answers to some frequently asked questions at the end of this Policy. Alternatively, you can contact us using the contact details listed at the end of this Policy.
The below table allows you to quickly and easily access a certain section of our Policy:
- Information we collect
- How SAYTV uses information
- How SAYTV shares and discloses your information
- Third Party Content
- How long SAYTV retains your information
- How SAYTV gives you control over your information
- Personal data rights in the European Union
- Our legal bases for handing of your personal data
- Changes and Updates to this Policy
- Contact us
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with us through our App or Our Services, we may collect certain information from you. There are three categories that you should be aware of:
- Information that you provide to us.
- Information that we obtain when you use our App.
- Information we obtain from third-parties.
Information that you provide to us:
When you register to use our App, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us as part of the sign up process. Our App requires you to set up a user account, and we need to collect some important details about you in order to facilitate registration. Such details may include, your name, username, password, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, and country of residence. As our App has a live chat feature, we may also receive messages, images or any other content that you may share with other users. You may choose to upload a photo of yourself for your user profile, this information is publicly visible on our App and allows other users to view your picture. If you wish to purchase Say Bucks, our online currency or other virtual goods which we may offer, we may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and the associated account information.
Information that we obtain from you when you use our App:
When you use our App, we receive information on the features you have used and interacted with. This allows us to determine what is popular on our App and what you particularly enjoy so that we can tailor the experience to you. We collect certain types of information when you use our App such as:
- Usage information which tells us how you interacted with our Services.
- Content information which tells us about any content you may have shared with other users.
- Device information which tells us more about the devices you used to access our App.
- Information we receive may include, information about your software and hardware, the operating system version, other apps you have installed, language, time zone and the type of browser you used.
- Camera and photos as our App allows you to upload a photo of yourself, we will require access to your camera and photo gallery if you wish to use this functionality.
- Location information we know that you could be anywhere in the world! When you use our App, we may collect information about your location. We may ask your permission in order to obtain your exact location, including the GPS and nearby Wi-Fi access points.
- Log details when you log into our App, we may receive information such as the time you accessed the App, the IP address, the pages that you viewed when doing so, the browser type and the language that you selected.
Information we collect from third parties:
As you will be interacting with other users, we may collect information about you from other users or third parties. You may wish to link your account and information to one of our partner websites and we may receive information on how you use and interact with that service. You can find more information on information third parties may receive about you below.
2. HOW SAYTV USES INFORMATION
There are many different ways we use your information:
- Develop, Operate, Improve, Deliver and Maintain we use your information so that we can develop new features and improve the existing ones, we also use your 3 information to make sure that we keep the App up and running without any unwanted bugs affecting the speed and reactivity of the App.
- Personalisation your information also allows us to personalise your experience with the App as well as making it safe and secure for you as a user
- Security and Safety we have the ability to verify your identity and prevent fraud and unauthorised use by using the information you have provided to us.
- Advertisements your information is also used to provide you with more relevant advertisements that we think will be more interesting to you.
- User Experience by providing your information, we have the ability to reach out to you if we need to, this could be to inform you of exciting new products or features which we think you will enjoy.
- Legal Requirements your information also allows us to inform you of our new terms or policies that we would like you to be aware of.
4. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
5. HOW LONG SAYTV RETAINS YOUR INFORMATION
We will generally retain your information for as long as it may be relevant for the purposes which we have identified in this Policy. We will only retain your information to the extent that it is legally necessary or permitted such as for tax or accounting purposes.
Closing Your Account
If you wish to delete your account with us, you can do so through the settings section of our App. We will delete any data that we are not obliged or authorised to retain under the applicable laws. Your data may result in copies being made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
6. HOW SAYTV GIVES YOU CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You have the ability to control what information you wish to provide to us. You can find this in the privacy settings section of our App.
There are a number of tools which we provide you with so that you can control your information:
- Revoke Permissions you can refuse to share certain information with us but this may mean that we are unable to provide you with certain features or functionality of our App. You can find further information on this in the settings section of our App.
- Access, Correction and Portability you have the ability to update your information via the settings section in our App. If you choose to update your information we may ask you to verify your identity for safety and security reasons. If we have reason to believe that unauthorised activity is being attempted on your account we may refuse to allow you to update your information.
- Unsubscribe you also have the ability to unsubscribe from certain emails which we may send you by selecting the “unsubscribe” link which we will include in all our emails. You can also opt out of certain cookie related technology through the settings section of our App.
- Deletion if you make the decision to delete your account, you will have the ability to delete certain information from your account profile. We will then take care of the rest for you.
- Advertisements we may allow third parties to display advertisements on our App which we think will interest you. If you would like to modify the information that we use and may provide to our advertising partners, you have the ability to do this via the settings section of our App.
- Communicating with other users you will have the ability to chat with as many other users as you wish. Through communicating with other users, it is likely that you will share information about yourself. We would advise that you are always careful with the information that you share.
7. PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
As well as the above tools that we provide to you, you also have certain data rights which you should be aware of. You should know that SAYTV is the controller of your personal data. You should also be aware of the following rights that you have:
- Rights of Access, Correction, Deletion and Portability: Data subjects based in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights that they can exercise. You have the right to request that your data is corrected or deleted. You also have rights of access to the information that we may hold about you. You also have the right to request a review of your information that you have provided to us. Additionally, you have the right to restrict our processing and disclosure of certain personal data as well as to request a transfer of your personal data to a third-party service provider. If you wish to make such a request, please provide your name, email address, address and telephone number as well as any relevant background information in your correspondence which may help us to process your request. If you wish to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to do so. Where you wish to exercise any rights under applicable law in EEA we ask that you contact us by email on email@example.com in the first instance to ensure that we receive and understand you’re query appropriately.
- Your Right to Object: You have the right to object to our use of your information. If you wish to remove your data from our App, you have the ability to delete your account. If you wish to stop the use of your data, you have the ability to disable certain features via the settings section of our App.
- International Transfers: When we collect your personal data, we may transfer, store or process it in another country which may not be the country that you live in. If we transfer your information outside of the EU we make sure we have adequate transfer mechanisms in place. If you wish to find out more about this or if you have any concern that your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (or any applicable national law within the EEA) have been breached, please contact us in the first instance by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identity of Controller: SAYTV Limited trading as SAYTV is a company incorporated and registered in Ireland under registration number 675189 and is the controller of personal data under this Policy for the purposes of GDPR.
8. OUR LEGAL BASES FOR HANDING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are required to tell you about the legal grounds which we rely on in order to use or disclose your personal data. Our legal grounds for doing so are as follows:
- Contractual commitments: When you registered your account with us, you entered into a contract with us. By providing your information to us, you allow us to honour our contractual commitments to you. For example, without providing certain information about yourself during the sign up process, we may not be able to provide you with the full service that you wish to experience as we handle personal data on the basis to create your account.
- Legitimate Interests: We handle personal data on the grounds that it allows us to further our legitimate interests in a way that does not override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience.
- Providing an effective customer service experience.
- Sending communications to you to inform you of new products or features.
- Protecting other users and property.
- Improving our business model.
- Processing job applications.
- Protecting the vital interests of individuals and others.
- Consent: We will ask for your consent to use your information for specific purposes. You can revoke this consent if you wish to do so. Your consent will at all times be explicit and informed.
- Legal Obligations: We may be required to use your information in order to comply with certain laws and regulations. This may be required if we have to respond to a legal process or need to take certain action to protect our users.
We have developed our App for users over the age of 16. Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal data on anyone under the age of 16 and persons under the age of 16 are not permitted to use our services.
We take your security very seriously and take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We cannot guarantee that any internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or free from error. Emails which we may send and receive may not be secure. We would advise you to always be careful with what information you decide to send via email. We would also advise you to be careful with the information that you decide to disclose to other users or third parties that you may interact with.
We will need to change and update this Policy from time to time. We reserve the right to change, modify, supplement or remove any section of this Policy at any time. This may be required to reflect and comply with updates to the Services that we provide or changes in law which we are required to comply with. We would encourage you to check this Policy regularly so that you are aware of any changes that have been made. If you continue to use the App after changes have been made, you will be legally obligated to accept such changes. When we update this Policy we will flag this to you and seek your agreement to our continued processsing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy as amended and updated from time to time.
You should be aware that as a matter of policy we will not fundamentally change any of our policies or practice to provide less protection for your personal data that we have collected under an earlier version of this Policy. If we are required to change our levels of protection, we will ask for your consent.
How can I access personal data you have about me?
You can submit a data access request to us. You can do this through the settings section of our App or by contacting us using the details below. Once we receive your request, we will then start the process of collating your personal data and providing you with the personal data that we hold on you.
How can I correct, update, amend or delete certain personal data you have?
You can make certain changes through the settings section of our App. You can also request that we make any modifications to your information directly. You can write or email us with the subject “Personal Data Request”. You should then set out an explanation and reasons that you are seeking to make such modifications. We may ask you to verify your identity before responding to your request for your safety and security.
How do I object or restrict the way in which SAYTV processes my personal data?
You have the right to request us to stop using your information or to limit our use of your information in certain circumstances. One such example is if you think your personal data is inaccurate.
SAYTV allows you to restrict the processing of your data through the settings section of our App. You also have the right to opt out of any direct marketing exercises.
What can I do if I have a complaint or concern about my personal data?
We want you to feel safe and secure at all times when using our App. If you feel this has been breached or your information has been used for unlawful purposes, please contact us and we will resolve the matter with you.
13. CONTACT US
We love to hear from you! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this Policy or the practices that we have set out above. You can contact us using the contact options on our website or in-app.